Update Your Info

Registration Information Changes


How to register your Social Security Number

Please provide us with your Social Security Number as soon as it is issued so that you can begin building your credit history, access online services and use the Automated Phone Service. *

To register your Social Security Number :
Please adjust the contrast and size so that the text is legible, and send us a copy of your SSN card by Webmail or mail.

How to register
Webmail: Please click here.
Mailling Address: JAL USA CARD
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 400,
Irvine, CA 92612

* For information security purposes, please do not send your SSN by e-mail.

Credit Line Increase

How to request a Credit Line Increase

You may request an increase in your credit line 6 months after opening your account. Subsequent requests are accepted on a yearly basis.

Please call service center to submit your request and allow 4 business days for processing.

Not all requests are approved; account performance and credit status may be considered in the decision to increase credit line.

Authorized User Card

How to apply for an Authorized User Card

Authorized User Card is available for anyone in your family. Please note that the Primary Cardholder will be liable for all transactions made on the account, including those made by any authorized user.

Please call service center or go to online account to request an additional card. Applicants can request the card during a card application too.

PIN Numbers

How to set up and change your Personal Identification Number (PIN)

You will need to set up a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use for cash advances. To set up your Personal Identification Number (PIN) via our automated system, please call the phone number below. Or, contact service center if you wish to receive your PIN by regular mail; we will mail your a pre-selected PIN. You will receive your PIN within approximately 7 - 10 days after we receive your request.

For security reasons, we are not able to respond to inquiries for PIN confirmation. If you forget your PIN, please contact service center and request a new PIN be sent.

Select PIN Service


Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is used to identify you as an authorized user. Because the PIN is used for identification purposes, you should not reveal your PIN to any person, write your PIN on your card or carry it with your card. Additionally, if you believe your PIN has been compromised, you should change your PIN or notify service center. The security of your account depends upon you maintaining possession of your credit card and the secrecy of your PIN.

Address Change

How to change your address and employment information

Please provide us with your new address information when you would like to change your billing address. We recommend updating your information by phone or online rather than using the payment slip.

Please note that you are responsible for making payments on time even if you do not receive a statement. Remember, you can log on to Online Account to check your account balance, download and print your statements, and/or make a payment.

Closing Your Account

Closing your credit card account

Accounts must be closed by the primary account holder by contacting service center.
If you are planning to use your card until immediately before permanently returning to Japan, or during your return trip to Japan, you may contact our service center in Japan. You are responsible for any outstanding balances; continue to sign-on at Cardmember Services to check your account balance and make payments.

Upon contacting service center, your account will be closed immediately and you will no longer be able to use your card.

Annual fees will continue to be charged until account is closed; therefore, please close your account when you no longer plan to use the card. At account closing, we may ask for your contact information in Japan.

Payment after you close your account

You are able to access your Online Account from Japan - even after your card has been canceled. We highly recommend using this payment method if you continue to maintain a US bank account.

Mailing address

If you have a balance on your account at the time you leave the U.S.:
* Please change your billing address to that of a person who will submit payment on your behalf, or provide a U.S. work address.

Please call service center to change your billing address.

Auto charge

If you have signed up for any auto payment services - for example magazine subscriptions, gym/health clubs, etc. - please change the registered payment card (method) or cancel the services.

Note that without taking action, these fees will continue to be (automatically) charged to your account even after your card is closed.